Material in a Wham-O Magic Window?

Back in the early 70's the Wham-O company made a toy called a Magic Window. It's basically an oval made of a clear plastic with two panes very close
together filled with two different materials, one white and one blue. They don't intermix very well at all and in turning the toy, lots of different designs can be made. What is the material inside? This is something I've been puzzled about for years, and I've Google searched with every thing I can think of. Wham-O called it "MICRODIUM CRYSTALS", but that is obviously a made up name as a Google search on it comes up with no usable information at all. Basically I'd like to be able to get some of this material and make my own "magic window". Thanks
Lane
Lane wrote:

It sounds like a variation of the lava lamp to me. Googling "lava lamp" provides plenty of ideas.

Thanks but it is not liquid, but dry resembling sand crystals. I should have been more explicit in my original post.
Lane