Material in a Wham-O Magic Window?

Back in the early 70's the Wham-O company made a toy called a Magic Window.
It's basically an oval made of a clear plastic with two panes very close
together filled with two different materials, one white and one blue. They
don't intermix very well at all and in turning the toy, lots of different
designs can be made. What is the material inside? This is something I've
been puzzled about for years, and I've Google searched with every thing I
can think of. Wham-O called it "MICRODIUM CRYSTALS", but that is obviously a
made up name as a Google search on it comes up with no usable information at
all. Basically I'd like to be able to get some of this material and make my
own "magic window". Thanks
Lane
Reply to
Lane
It sounds like a variation of the lava lamp to me. Googling "lava lamp" provides plenty of ideas.
Reply to
Robert Copcutt
Thanks but it is not liquid, but dry resembling sand crystals. I should have been more explicit in my original post.
Lane
Reply to
Lane
We're in a Brand New Era of 2020...& This toy I had when I was a kid still keeps me captivated!!! I would like to create my own Magic Window myself...with more colors???!!!
Reply to
Lisa A Skinner
We're in a Brand New Era of 2020...& This toy I had when I was a kid still keeps me captivated!!! I would like to create my own Magic Window myself...with more colors???!!!
Reply to
Lisa A Skinner
Did you find where to get the sand from
Reply to
Joel
Did you find where to get the sand from
Reply to
Joel
Hey I?d love to build my own as well. Would love to know if you ever found out what the sand was.
Reply to
Chrisillin