Material in BOM

Hi, Is there any option to update the material info. given in the part file automatically in the drawing BOM?

Reply to
Prasanna

No, and it's one of the goofier things about Pro/e that so much information is stored in the part through 'Edit>Setup' that is unavailable parametrically through notes or in a table repeat region. Mass property calculations are available through pro_mp_mass, pro_mp_volume, and other model analysis parameters. This is only indirect access to the information through a calculation, using the density and other material properties. But a simple thing, like a material name, stored in the material file, is not. I have heard of storing the name on the Condition line and somehow making that available parametrically, but I don't know how. Wait long enough, though, and everything will eventually be fixed in a future rev.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

David is on the right track here, in your material file write the material name in the CONDITION statement, add a parameter called "material" and add the following line in your relation: material=material_param("CONDITION")

Thats it.

Hugo

Reply to
huggre