I'm In Love

With metal

At present I'm holding an "Olde Colony" steak knife stamped JAPAN then upside down STAINLESS STEEL. Hollow ground, semi dropped point, about 5" blade lenght. Teak handle with brass rivets. The blade halfway through the handle.

What's best about it is the edge it takes and holds. Just a steak knife.

Aw crap I give up, this was supposed to be an ode to metals. To the carbon in my old timer, the m2 spades i made, the copper so rough to drill, the cast, a messy mill. The mag on fire, the alum a flyin'. Strings of steel, the lathe a cryin'.

And cryin'. Up feed! I yell, to no avail. Drill slower.

Hold it, feel it , ask it, What do you want to be today?

I'm in love. With metal.

Reply to
flip. flip 007

Come on folks...give it up for toosmarttoask! (Sound of clapping)

Made my day...Thanks

-Mike

Reply to
mlcorson