text in search

I somehow set something that has caused a problem in the Help, Search area. When I attempt to type in the workd, drawing, it will only allow me to type dr, just dr. I am not sure what could have happened. I am ready to reload SW. Any ideas/suggestions of what may have happened? Thank you in advance for any help.

Reply to
billyb

Let me follow up and say, the Search, will not let me type in the letter "a", not sure why this happened. Any suggestions?

billyb wrote:

Reply to
billyb

Not a clue - seems to work here just fine.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I happened to me in another era when the particular key on my keyboard stopped working for God knows what reason.

Bo

billyb wrote:

Reply to
Bo

Is it possible that the letter "a" has been assigned as a single stroke hotkey? I'm pretty sure that would give you those symptoms.

Reply to
Brian

Probably not as I have "a" assigned and mine works just fine.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Reply to
billyb

Can you clarify, is it the search in the help file or the search function in SolidWorks?

Reply to
Jeff

Sorry for the mis-lead. "A" is assigned, by default, as a single stroke hotkey. Mine, at defalut, works in both SW search and help file search. But, for reference, those settings are in tools-costomize-keyboard.

Reply to
Brian

the search in solidworks

Jeff wrote:

Reply to
billyb

Go to System Options | Search, and uncheck search while typing if it is checked and then try again. If not you should try uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Desktop Search first, and then if that does not fix the problem I would reinstall SolidWorks.

Reply to
Jeff