Text problems

When loading certain .dwg's, the code at the bottom reads "Please wait, formatting text" and hangs there for up to 5 minutes. Any idea why this is? Also, file is 14 meg. When I cut and paste only the model space to another drawing and save, it goes down to 400k. If I use the original drawing, delete the sheet layouts and save the resulting file size is 30 meg...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

CAA

Reply to
mebeme_

What version of AutoCAD? Lots of Layer Filters? Lots of TrueType fonts? ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

my guess is that you may be using a lot of Ttrue Type Fonts in th drawing ~ try changing the font to something like Roman

you could also check for layer filters and delete any unneccessar

filter

Reply to
hendie

Sorry...

AutoCAD 2006 / LDT 2006 / No layer filters. Arial, Brush, Times New Roman and Book Antiqua - the rest are .shx.

Reply to
mebeme_