Text problems

When loading certain .dwg's, the code at the bottom reads "Please wait,
formatting text" and hangs there for up to 5 minutes. Any idea why this is?
Also, file is 14 meg. When I cut and paste only the model space to another
drawing and save, it goes down to 400k. If I use the original drawing,
delete the sheet layouts and save the resulting file size is 30 meg...
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
CAA
Reply to
mebeme_
What version of AutoCAD? Lots of Layer Filters? Lots of TrueType fonts? ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
my guess is that you may be using a lot of Ttrue Type Fonts in th drawing ~ try changing the font to something like Roman
you could also check for layer filters and delete any unneccessar
filter
Reply to
hendie
Sorry...
AutoCAD 2006 / LDT 2006 / No layer filters. Arial, Brush, Times New Roman and Book Antiqua - the rest are .shx.
Reply to
mebeme_