Looking 4 Text Editor For Large (DXF) Files ?

Does anyone know a good (or any) freeware/shareware Windows text editor with which I could make simple searches & changes in DXF files that sometime run to 15-20 megabytes. I need something that adds absolutely no formatting to the file, of course, and hopefully is infinitely less of a pig to run than notepad. I don't need any fancy functions - just search strings, type new text, save changed file, and perhaps a serach-and-replace strings.

Happy Trails To You

Reply to
Happy Trails

Here is one of the best:

Tim S

Grab the LITE version.

Bruce F

Reply to
Mr. B

Thanks Mr. B and Mr. S - I'll have a look at them both.

Happy Trails To You

Reply to
Happy Trails

the best is UltraEdit:

N.

Reply to
Norbert Grund

Or you can try this one. I've been using it for years and it open quick and has a very good search that comes up with Ctnl F. It is freeware and can be found at:

medeziner