DWG/DXF-files slooow

Opening and measuring DWG/DXF-files like big layouts is quite slow with SW, is there any free viewer kind of software fr DWG/DXF with measument tool? Don't have to be dimensioning, just measurement...

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Try eDrawing 2004. If you have eDrawing professional it will allow you to measure the native DXF/DWG files you open.

Markku Lehtola wrote:

Reply to
Dave H

Try this one

Krister L

Markku Lehtola skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:bmp624$2os$ snipped-for-privacy@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi...

Reply to
Krister L

You missed the most important word: free ;-)

I work for many customers so I can't (well, I could but I know the answer already ;-)) just say to all that , "ok, you need to buy this and that because..."

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Thanks, this will take some time (testing all of them) :-) I have already tred TurboCAD but with no success, it couldn't open DWG that was not a problem for SW (still slow, but..)

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

FelixCAD opens really nice atleast snmall R12 and R2002 files, I'm also going to try Pro/Desktop Express that should support DWG/DXF.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

If you have SolidWorks Office, eDrawing Pro came with it so you would already have what you need without further expense on even need to install anything else.

Dave H

Reply to
Dave H

Well, Cadopia use to have a shareware version.. can not find it but for $250usd it's native DWG/DXF compliant. As for how fast it is, I'm not sure. The old shareware version I had was ok in speed and I could open very large multilayer building layouts with little problem.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Try this one

Very quick and good for printing from at scale.

Brian Law

Reply to
Brian Law

But not measuring?

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Volo View Express does markup. It's free.

Reply to
Chris Dubea

Come on, markup is not measuring..

Reply to