source for DXF files or G-Codes ?

I am a total newb to CNC and I am wondering if there exists a repository of
simple shapes in DXF file format or G-Codes for such
things as sprockets, rack and pinion, etc ? The type thing I am looking for are
relatively small parts that can be machined out of
flat metal plates 1/4" thick, etc.
Thanks !
JCD
Reply to
pogo
Sorry, I don't know of such a repository. But, can refer you to a place where a lot of this type of stuff is discussed...

Joe Dunfee
Reply to
cadcoke4
Cool. As usual, I discovered CNCZone.com soon after I posted my question ... but perhaps this will help others with similar interests!
Regardless - it is much appreciated! JCDeen
Reply to
pogo
Hi JCD, Getting started to create G code was the biggest hurdle I had with my CNC.
If you have access to a recent version of Visio you can draw the parts in that then export as DXF.
What I have found that I ended up using is a free 2D application from Siemens called Solid Edge 2D.

I do my drawings in that then use CamBam (free beta) to create the G code.

Robin
simple shapes in DXF file format or G-Codes for such
relatively small parts that can be machined out of
Reply to
robin.hartley
I've seen both of these during my web surfing to find suitable software, so it is nice to see what people actually use! Great info - thanks! JCDeen
simple shapes in DXF file format or G-Codes for such
are relatively small parts that can be machined out
Reply to
pogo
I found this great little program for creating sprocket DXF and G-codes !
Also found this nice small footrpint DXF viewer
enjoy! JCD (pogo)