source for DXF files or G-Codes ?

I am a total newb to CNC and I am wondering if there exists a repository of simple shapes in DXF file format or G-Codes for such
things as sprockets, rack and pinion, etc ? The type thing I am looking for are relatively small parts that can be machined out of flat metal plates 1/4" thick, etc.
Thanks ! JCD
Sorry, I don't know of such a repository. But, can refer you to a place where a lot of this type of stuff is discussed... www.cnczone.com
Joe Dunfee

Cool. As usual, I discovered CNCZone.com soon after I posted my question ... but perhaps this will help others with similar interests!
Regardless - it is much appreciated! JCDeen
Hi JCD, Getting started to create G code was the biggest hurdle I had with my CNC.
If you have access to a recent version of Visio you can draw the parts in that then export as DXF.
What I have found that I ended up using is a free 2D application from Siemens called Solid Edge 2D. www.solidedge.com/free2d
I do my drawings in that then use CamBam (free beta) to create the G code. www.cambam.net
Robin
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 19:17:40 -0400, "pogo"

I've seen both of these during my web surfing to find suitable software, so it is nice to see what people actually use! Great info - thanks! JCDeen

I found this great little program for creating sprocket DXF and G-codes ! http://www.idleamusements.com/sprocketeer.htm
Also found this nice small footrpint DXF viewer http://www.escape.de/~quincunx/dxfviewer/index.html http://caff.de/dxfviewer /
enjoy! JCD (pogo)
message