need ADI driver for v.2002 or ploter driver

Some time ago I wrote a quick basic program that would read an
autocad (pre 4.1) ASCII plotter output file version A.C.04 which
would generate simple cnc machining codes for several controllers
including
EMCO F1
Bridgeport BOSS
Hurco and
Allen-Bradley controller for a waterjet
Autodesk stopped supporting the ADI ASCII plotter option with
version 12, which I still have on my machine only to output files
in this format.
The output from the A.C.04 ADI driver looks like this
1,2
8
5,1
7,0
3,1029,1096
4,1029,2096
4,1529,2096
where I basically dump the first 4 lines [or first 3 lines with
the ACAD v.10 program output] and then next lines indicate an
absolute move in steps of 1/1000 of an inch with either pen up
(3) or pen down (4)
The A.C.04 ADI driver allows you to set the absolute limits of
the plotter [or cnc table travel] and also the steps per inch
[resolution] so the program was a "piece of cake."
When you run the gcode generator it asks you to input feed, speed
and depth of cut. It also breaks the program at 290 lines for the
EMCO F1 as there is 300 line memory limit on its controller.
Does anyone know of, have an updated version of this driver which
will work with Autocad v.2002 [which we are currently running]
and/or v.2004 which we are likely to upgrade to?
An alternative is a windows printer driver which I can set to an
arbitary size and resolution with only pin up/down and straight
line commands with no offset for pin width, etc. Better yet if I
can get it to use the 3/4 PU/PD commands, one per line. This may
be a better option in that we should be able to run this with
most any program [such a coral]
If anyone would like the quick basic source code and/or the
complied files send me an email.
Thanks
Reply to
F. George McDuffee