Wire nut driver

Is there such thing as electric wire nut driver with auto feeding of wire nuts?

Reply to
Alex

I have seen twisty screw drivers with an head for "wing nuts" by ideal. You have to buy their product to get it to work very well.

If your doing an lot of connections it might be time to look into an crimp tool.

Reply to
SQLit

What is the exact name for such crimp tool? I've never seen it.

SQLit wrote:

Reply to
Alex

Reply to
Gerald Newton

Another "limp wrist". Do you want me to run your conduit too?!?

Reply to
Brian

Get some years on your old body and a little athritus in your hands and wirenuts can be a problem. Come see me in 30 years kid.

Reply to
Greg

I use the driver - and I use a battery tool rather than stringing cords, I use a chain saw rather than a knife, and a car rather than horses, and a phone rather than pigeons.

Faster - more reliable, IMHO.

Reply to
Hobdbcgv

here here whiskey numbs the brain and kills the pain

Reply to
PCK

I guess that is why we see so many of our trades at the drive through liquor in the morning.

Reply to
Greg

| Get some years on your old body and a little athritus in your hands and | wirenuts can be a problem. | Come see me in 30 years kid.

I didn't even like wire nuts back when I was 18. Didn't seem to make very good contact (unless I soldered them, but for other reasons that's not good or compliant with code). What seems to me to be best is a terminal lug bar. Imagine the ground bar from a breaker panel sawed down to 3 or 4 points to connect, and mounted as needed depending on the purpose (for example bonded to the box for ground, isolated for neutral). But even those can be bad if the sizes don't match. Screw terminals with a tab to make bending the wire around could be good, but would be hard to work with in a 2x4 box.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

When I "imagine" all that I start wondering what is so bad about a wirenut.

Reply to
Greg