Drawing text disappearing in WF3

Has anyone ever had any problems with text disappearing from drawings in WF3? It seems to happen when I'm regenerating or printing, all the
notes and text from the text boxes disappears. When I go to layers it shows the text layer to be hidden, so I unhide it and save the status. Often times it will happen again, and there's no specific drawing it will happen on or any specific version of ProE the drawing was created with. I suspect it may be my video card; I'm using the ATI Fire GL E1 Video Accelerator.
Any help would be much appreciated,

I've seen that happen once using WF2, did not figure out what I'd done to trigger it. Was a Notes layer, if I remember correctly. I create Notes layers in models. Same name layer thingy? Does there, maybe, seem to be some connection to using the Show / Erase tool?
I seriously doubt (surely hope not) video cards have control of layer visibility.

the fire gl x1 is certified and supported on some systems, the e1 is not certified or supported; http://www.ptc.com/partners/hardware/current/support/proewf2.htm#certified_and_Supported_Graphics_Cards
have no idea what the difference is between x1 and e1; also, not being certified or supported doesn't mean a card won't work, just that ptc doesn't have enough confidence in it to give its imprimatur. have you tried searching the kb for any reference to your card or your problem? but, you're right, it does sound graphics related and for some reason, as simple as it seems that it should be (2d text? come on, gimme a break!), it has always been a challenge in pro/e cuz they use no routines optimized for any api and have an anxious relationship with truetype or other (than their own proprietary) vector fonts. have you seen what drawing mode does to create a pdf? it's horrendous! it's as if you did the entire drawing, format and all, as 'convert to draft entities'. so naturally, the pdf contains no text, so, obviously, no searchable text.
David Janes

Don't know if this is connected, I just logged a call to ptc, when i plot a drawing with one or more view as shaded, my plot comes out with the views as they show and the format border but no format text. Then the next plot behind that is the format text, all by its lonesome, Nice huh! We finally get shaded views, (which we really almost, never need) and either the file is too huge it takes forever to do anything or I get no text in my format. Still waiting to hear back from ptc..........
David Janes wrote:

http://www.ptc.com/partners/hardware/current/support/proewf2.htm#certified_and_Supported_Graphics_Cards

Jeff,
You're right, it is the "notes" layer and not the "text" layer...anyway it doesn't seem to have any connection to the Show/Erase tool. As far as I know, at least the way we have ProE setup, the text in the title block is not controlled by the Show/Erase tool, rather by parameters they we set up. So I'm not sure that's the root cause.
David,
The E1 was supported when we purchased my machine a few years ago, they must have found some problem with it and removed it from the list. Like you said it should work and it does do a fine job in part and assembly mode (even with our larger assemblies 30-40 parts), where I would think it would need more power from the video card. I hadn't tried the knowledge base yet; I'll give that a try later today. When I contacted tech support they just told me to unhide the layer, but could not tell me why it was hiding in the first place. I'm wondering if it's something with the video card and truetype fonts.....ProE always does have it's quirks.
Thank you both, I'll let you know what happens if I ever get it figured out,
Ed

Yeah, please do! This troubleshooting business is a lot of shots in the dark, or a lot of detective work and some shots in dull haze. Lots of experience helps but a reeeaaly big pool of that experience helps even more. If we could get the instantaneous experience of tens of thousands of community spirited Pro/e users, you'd have a very good approximation to your exact situation in minutes. What we are dealing with, in this usenet helpdesk business, is simply statistics. And, I know of nowhere that you can draw on the experience of the majority, maybe not even within PTC.
David Janes
"What we are dealing with, in this usenet helpdesk business, is simply statistics. And, I know of nowhere that you can draw on the experience of the majority, maybe not even within PTC."
David Janes
I concur. This is one area where the customer is not served well by increased choice, and multiple forums simply mean you have to look in lots of places to find what is known. Especially as a lot of those forums aren't *much good*