frozen parts in assy

Ok. So I have a bunch of stuff that wont un-freeze.
I redid the relations of all it's parents, but when I go to info-

think it exists anymore, but I don't know what to do about it.
I've tried re-mating all the parts and they still won't unfreeze.
any hints?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
So I have a bunch of stuff that wont un-freeze.<BR><BR>I redid the relations of all it's parents, but when I go to info-<BR>&gt;parent/child.&nbsp; It says there is a missing reference... well I don't<BR>think it exists anymore, but I don't know what to do about it.<BR><BR>I've tried re-mating all the parts and they still won't unfreeze.<BR><BR>any hints?<BR></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>First, I would start clean: go to the Regerate icon and regenerate the whole thing just to make sure that the work you've done so far is reflected in the current Status of the components. Second, if you don't already have your system set up this way, I'd add a column to the model tree that shows Status. Anything that's ok will be noted as regenerated. If any are currently frozen, start with the first one because at least its parents are sound. Pick the component and do 'Edit&gt;Definition'. Hopefully, some of the constraints are still good. If so, investigate what is already constrained by selecting a constraint and picking the assembly reference, then the component reference. When you know what's&nbsp;been constrained, you can more easily figure out what is the missing constraint or the missing reference. When you've finished constraining the component, regerate the assembly again. At times, I've had a bunch of components find their constraints when that first component was unfrozen. Even regenerating from scratch can result in components unfreezing. And, it can make a difference activating the Master Rep first. It can also help to Unhide all layers before trying the regen. I've found it difficult, at times, to assemble to datums or other features that were hidden on layers. You want to make it easy for Pro/e, which is sometimes stubbornly stupid, to find the references. Assembly or redefining component placement can be complicated by any mechanism constraints which will mark the component as packaged. In that case, you need to set the config option allow_package_children&nbsp;to all. </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Well, that's all I've got. Hopefully,&nbsp;it's enough to get you started in tracking down the problem.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>David Janes</DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Polytechforum.com is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.