Table causing Pro to exit

For years now I have been using the same tables on my drawings. Lately when I delete one of the tables Pro-E also deletes, it goes
south. The only thing I have been able to do for a fix is just move the table off of the formate so it doesn't show in the plot. The tables are not smart, just tables that I type the text into.
Any input would be helpful.
pro-e version: Wildfire (The first one)
Frank
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Not sure this'll help but using wf3 M020 the tables behave. Is the table inserted and then deleted as unwanted or is it part of the format?
years now I have been using the same tables on my drawings.<BR>Lately when I delete one of the tables Pro-E also deletes, it goes<BR>south.&nbsp; The only thing I have been able to do for a fix is just move<BR>the table off of the formate so it doesn't show in the plot.&nbsp; The<BR>tables are not smart, just tables that I type the text into.<BR><BR>Any input would be helpful.<BR><BR>pro-e version: Wildfire&nbsp; (The first one)<BR><BR>Frank<BR></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Does Pro/e crash if you do anything else to the table, like move it, delete rows or colums or delete the contents of the table. I don't have the foggiest idea why Pro/e would crash/freeze in your circumstances, nor can I find any reference in PTC's Knowledge Base to such a problem. But it would be interesting to see if you could whittle away at the table~delete the contents, delete a column or two before trying to delete the table.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Another thing you can do is look in your workspace/working directory for a file called writeback.log which is sometimes created by a CTD. That information is useful to support, along with your current configuration, in tracking down the cause of a crash. I would also check your hardware/software/OS configuration against the recommended one, they do change from one rev to another, including recommended graphics cards and drivers. One quick check of whether it could be graphics related is to change the config option GRAPHICS from OPENGL to WIND32_GDI, then try deleting your table. Along the same lines, be aware that Pro/e doesn't run very well on Vista, perhaps due to compromised support for OpenGL.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>One last thought: if this is, indeed, a format table, you might consider replacing the format with a new one. If this is an old drawing, it might have gotten corrupted.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>David Janes</DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=
message

[...]

I'm running on Win XP. I tried the wind32_gdi, still happened. I up dated the format, still happened but it did last a moment or two longer. The tables are brought in separate from the format.
The drawings I'm having this problem with where made in 2004. Could I have been on another version of Pro when they where made? I'm not sure when this Wildfire was loaded. I can just move the tables off the format and just go on. I don't think this is happening to new drawings.
Frank
For years now I have been using the same tables on my drawings.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Lately when I delete one of the tables Pro-E also deletes, it goes<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; south.&nbsp; The only thing I have been able to do for a fix is just move<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; the table off of the formate so it doesn't show in the plot.&nbsp; The<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; tables are not smart, just tables that I type the text into.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Any input would be helpful.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; pro-e version: Wildfire&nbsp; (The first one)<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Frank<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Does Pro/e crash if you do anything else to the table, like move it, delete rows or colums or delete the contents of the table. I don't have the foggiest idea why Pro/e would crash/freeze in your circumstances, nor can I find any reference in PTC's Knowledge Base to such a problem. But it would be interesting to see if you could whittle away at the table~delete the contents, delete a column or two before trying to delete the table.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Another thing you can do is look in your workspace/working directory for a file called writeback.log which is sometimes created by a CTD. That information is useful to support, along with your current configuration, in tracking down the cause of a crash. I would also check your hardware/software/OS configuration against the recommended one, they do change from one rev to another, including recommended graphics cards and drivers. One quick check of whether it could be graphics related is to change the config option GRAPHICS from OPENGL to WIND32_GDI, then try deleting your table. Along the same lines, be aware that Pro/e doesn't run very well on Vista, perhaps due to compromised support for OpenGL.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; One last thought: if this is, indeed, a format table, you might consider replacing the format with a new one. If this is an old drawing, it might have gotten corrupted.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; David Janes<BR><BR>I'm running on Win XP.&nbsp; I tried the wind32_gdi, still happened.&nbsp; I up<BR>dated the format,&nbsp; still happened but it did last a moment or two<BR>longer.&nbsp; The tables are brought in separate from the format.<BR><BR>The drawings I'm having this problem with where made in 2004. Could I<BR>have been on another version of Pro when they where made?&nbsp; I'm not<BR>sure when this Wildfire was loaded. I can just move the tables off the<BR>format and just go on.&nbsp; I don't think this is happening to new<BR>drawings.<BR><BR>Frank<BR></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>What if you just recreate the tables in Wildfire and save those?</DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=