Table Filters

When working with Pro-E table, it shows a filter that we set up with a rule for the filter.

What do I place in the rule if in the table I made it has a colum for components. Under component I would like to keep each component name that starts with a C.

Can any one give me a clue as to how this rule would be written out?

Please give an example.

Thanks

Frank

Reply to
fmcdougle

When working with Pro-E table, it shows a filter that we set up with a rule for the filter.

What do I place in the rule if in the table I made it has a colum for components. Under component I would like to keep each component name that starts with a C.

Can any one give me a clue as to how this rule would be written out?

Please give an example.

Thanks

Frank

Where are we here? In a drawing, model, assembly? Version of Pro/e (in Wildfire, much is different)? Are we talking about Repeat Region filters in drawings? The new Search functionality?

I'll make the assumption that you're talking about the Repeat Region filters, to show the BOM in a certain way. The filter would read

&asm.mbr.name == "C*"

where == is a comparison operator; and "C*" are put in quotes because of the wildcard character, otherwise it would be part_x, unquoted.

To learn more about this, do 'Table>Repeat Region', then do 'Help>What's This' and pick Filters. It lists the operators and some of the syntax and operation of the filters.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

Wildfire, much is different)? Are we talking about Repeat Region filters in drawings? The new Search functionality?

to show the BOM in a certain way. The filter would read

wildcard character, otherwise it would be part_x, unquoted.

and pick Filters. It lists the operators and some of the syntax and operation of the filters.

David, thank you very much. That is the info I was in need of.

Frank

Also, you have helped me in the past, several times. Each time you where right on.

Reply to
fmcdougle