repeat regions - family table instance names.

Hello,

I have a repeat region displaying a family table, and in this family table, the instances have a part number followed by a suffix, e.g.

12345_SUFFIX.

I have done this before but can't remember how as it has been so long but I want the repeat region to display only the 12345, i.e. remove the suffix. How do I do this? Is it with a relation or a filter?

Any help will be greatly appreciated and if you need more info, just let me know.

Cheers,

S.

Reply to
skyap

I'm relatively new to ProE (3 months), but I would add a column to your family table for a "suffix" parameter. Each family table instance would then have a different suffix parameter that you could reference in the repeat region.

skyap wrote:

Reply to
takedown

It would be best to create a 2-D repeat region for family table references. The names of the members and parameter values for each can then be displayed. A minimum of a 2x2 cell structure is needed to start. Look up "Pro/REPORT System Parameters" in HELP for the neccessary parameters.

MNM

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
mnmca

got it sorted, I was using a 2-D table and when using a 2D table I couldn't get rpt.rel.USER_DEFINED to display anything, however, if I used each column as a simple table filtering out each paramater I wished to display, I could then use the report relation...

new_number = EXTRACT(fam_inst_name,1,STRING_LENGTH(fam_inst_name)-4)

which removed the last four characters of each family table instance name, thus removing my suffix. I then used rpt.rel.new_number to show this in my table.

try it and you will see what I mean ;)

Reply to
skyap

whoa, just like programming. looked everywhere, how'd you find it? care to share?

Reply to
David Janes

I actually found it originally on the web somewhere using good old google! It was like a tutorial or article someone had written. This time though, I found it in a folder hidden away of stuff I printed because at one point I found them useful!! Just took me a while to remember that.

I'd still rather do this with a 2D table but it would seem you can't use the report relation in a 2D repeat region so if you can find any other way of doing it, please let me know!

The extract functi> whoa, just like programming. looked everywhere, how'd you find it? care to > share?

Reply to
skyap