Family Tabel : ordering and filtering

Hi folks. I have a part with family table (WF3). In the drawing I created a table (2D Repeat region) to show the entire family table with all parameters name and values. Now I need to modify this drawing table changing the order (for example based on type of 'material' parameter and not on instance name) or hiding some rows and keeping only the instance with specified value of a specified parameter.

I tried to use filters (fam.inst.param.value == "steel" , ...)or order region on table unsuccessfully Any idea ?

Thank you Pier

Reply to
Pier Dil

I tried to use filters (fam.inst.param.value == "steel" , ...)or order region on table unsuccessfully Any idea ?

Thank you Pier In the case of filters, it looks like there's a syntax problem. The parameter needs an ampersand in front, e.g., &fam.inst.param.value and, from what I've seen, the value is not enclosed in quotes. Sort regions is pretty simple: pick ascending or descending and a value in a column. Then click on Show to see what it looks like. But the most powerful tool is Relations. Try the context sensitive help and click on these in the Repeat Region Menu Manager. There's enough there to get you started.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

I tried to use filters (fam.inst.param.value == "steel" , ...)or order region on table unsuccessfully Any idea ?

Thank you Pier In the case of filters, it looks like there's a syntax problem. The parameter needs an ampersand in front, e.g., &fam.inst.param.value and, from what I've seen, the value is not enclosed in quotes.

BTW, when things don't fall neatly within a rule, you can filter By Name and pick the actual instance to exclude from the table repeat region. These get added to the filter list.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

Janes ha scritto:

Thanks David it's not a problem regarding sintax, but it's possible to use filters and rules only for simple Repeat region and not for 2d Repeat region. That's all, unfortunately Pier

Reply to
Pier Dil

the particular cell, not the entire record.

A filter such as &asm.mbr.material!=steel excludes all records of assembly members with a material parameter value (user-defined) of "steel" from the report.

You can also enter filters that work for multiple values, such as &asm.mbr.name==part_a,part_b,part_j, which would exclude from the report all records of assembly members other than "part_a.prt", "part_b.prt", and "part_j.prt". A line can contain up to 80 characters. When creating a filter with multiple acceptable values such as this one, you can only use the operators "==" and "!=".

When using filters with these operators in a repeat region, keep in mind the following:

a.. If you add filters with the operator "==" to more than one line in a repeat region, all entries are blanked and the table appears to be empty.

b.. For "==" operators with more than one value, the values are linked by "or." For example, for the filter &asm.mbr.name==part_1,part_2,part_3, the repeat region would exclude all objects other than those parts having the name "part_1," "part_2," or "part_3."

c.. For "!=" operators with more than one value, the values are linked by "and." For example, for the filter &asm.mbr.name!=part_a,part_b,part_c, the repeat region would exclude those parts having the name "part_a," "part_b," and "part_c."

Use the commands of the Filter Reg submenu to add, edit or clear filter statements associated with a repeat region.

See Also

To Add a Filter to a Repeat Region

Reply to
Janes