spacecad ordering

Has anyone in North America ever ordered Spacecad. Did you ever notice they are based in germany. I'm a little weiry about sending a money order or tranfer overseas since there is not much protection for me, and I have no visa and paypal is not an option.

Reply to
Mike

And rocksim wont accept anything but charge cards.

Reply to
Mike

I ordered SpacCad several months ago. Although I used Paypal, I don't believe you will have an issue.

Reply to
Jeffrey L. Miller

I know that Rebar Rocketry

is a retailer of SpaceCad

Alan

Reply to
Alan Tuskes

And its on sale for pretty cheap, too bad its only 3.0.

chainletters,

Reply to
Mike

From the SpaceCad site:

System Requirements

SpaceCAD 3.0 requires

a.. Microsoft Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT4, 2000, XP b.. At least 80486 / 66 MHz processor (Pentium processor recommended) with

32 MB of RAM minimum (if Windows runs, SpaceCAD should run ,too) c.. Full installation size: 15 MB (should fit on any modern harddisk) d.. Screen resolution of at least 800x600 e.. OpenGL compliant video driver (see FAQ) (typically, you just have to update to the latest device driver to get 3D running) f.. Internet Explorer version larger 4.x It would appear that 3.0 is the latest version available, unless there's something that we don't know, and the manufacturer isn't telling us.

Alan

Motion Picture Special Effects

phone/fax 216-226-0810 ----- Original Message ----- From: Mike Newsgroups: rec.models.rockets Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 6:57 PM Subject: Re: spacecad ordering

And its on sale for pretty cheap, too bad its only 3.0.

Reply to
Alan Tuskes

Reply to
Mike

I also downloaded the demo. If you look at the "about" screen, the big 1 inch tall letters clearly call that "Spacecad Version 3" but the fine print reads "3.1.0.284". I That in itself may cause confusion, as the big one inch letters in front of you do not call it "Spacecad version 3.1.0.284". It might be an aesthetic thing, or it might just be easier to call it "Version

3". And since the info that I quoted you below was cut and pasted directly from the Spacecad site:

And they refer to it as SpaceCAD 3.0 still, there may be confusion. You could always contact SpaceCAD and check to see when the last revision was made, and what version they sent to their suppliers.

Regards,

Alan

Reply to
Alan Tuskes

For instance, I am running "Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 SP2 Build 2600" But I just call it Windows XP.

Al

Reply to
Alan Tuskes

Yes. 2 years ago. It has some features I liked. RockSim was the better program (IMHO) at that time, however, so I also bought that. I have not seen the latest version of SpaceCad... but I will probably buy both again.

Amen, fellow netizen. Now, if I could only get some particular members of my own extended family to do the same...

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

You're right, Alan. The version I have is the newest shipment that arrived just last week and says "3.0" on the box, but it's still the newest version. They do that on all software. When you buy a piece of software in the store, it might have 2.0 or 3.0 on the box, but when you install it, it might say "version 3.001.2" or something. And besides, you can always download the latest updates from within SpaceCAD itself, so you always have the newest version :) DDP _______________________________________________

the hottest model rocketry products on the 'net.

Reply to
DDP

That is stange because I have both 3 and 3.1 installed, yet both are expired and 3 did not work for my design I made in 3.1.

Reply to
Mike