Drawing number in PDF file name

Hello!

By any chance, does someone know how I could do to automatically add the drawing number to the pdf file name while creating it?

At the moment, when ProE creates my pdf, the name of the file looks like that: "ENGINEER - PartName.pdf". Instead I would like to have something like that: "PartNumber - PartName.pdf" with PartNumber being one parameter of the part (&partnum).

How do you handle this problem in general?

Thank you for your help! G. Terrien

Reply to
Gregoire

By any chance, does someone know how I could do to automatically add the drawing number to the pdf file name while creating it?

At the moment, when ProE creates my pdf, the name of the file looks like that: "ENGINEER - PartName.pdf". Instead I would like to have something like that: "PartNumber - PartName.pdf" with PartNumber being one parameter of the part (&partnum).

How do you handle this problem in general?

Thank you for your help! G. Terrien

Somewhere, the .CMD file that passes information to the -lpr command is using, probably, environment variables set up for this purpose. Look through, first, the PCF file for your printer, then, any other files that it references, especially looking for a .cmd file. Try to figure out how it's doing it NOW and you'll probably figure out how to modify it to do what you want. I suspect you're not that far away.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Thank you for your answer!

Unfortunately I found no .cmd file and my pcf files have nothing referring to that.

If in the meatime you had some new ideas, please don't hesitate!...

Thank you, Greg.