Saved Filters in Autocad 2005

Hello all,

I am currently doing a series of drawings which only take up to 2 hrs, most only 45mins, so am doing lots of them.

At the end of each drawing, I try to run a filter to select the various types of blocks. The problem is the saved filters keep disappearing, and then mysteriously reappearing.

I generally start each drawing by doing a SaveAs from the previous drawing, sometimes in the same folder and sometimes in either an existing or a new folder. If I check to see if the filter is there, sometimes it is and sometimes not. Sometimes when it is not, it can reappear later on!

I have set ACDCFG to point to the Autocad directory, but this doesn't seem to have made any difference.

I am also having another problem, which may or may not be related. At the completion of each drawing I do a pdf print using Acrobat pdf Writer as a printer. Sometimes it wants to save the file in the previous folder and automatically has the dwg file name as the pdf file name (which is what I want), but about half the time it goes to the first folder I have added to the support file search path and has *.pdf as the file name. This has no relation to whether the dwg was saved in the same folder as the previous dwg.

Driving me crazy......

Thanks

Dave

Reply to