Pictures of the insides of a Troyke rotary table

For those wondering about rotary tables and what are they like inside, here are some pictures of my disassembly. I mostly took them to remind me how to reassemble it back, but I am hoping that maybe someone find something of interest in them.

Ignoramus15784

I took apart a Troyke rotary table last night..to see why it wont turn.

A portion of the casting that is used to push the worm gear into the gear path is sheared off.

Now Ive got to figure out how to drill, pin and then weld it.

Really lumpy cast iron.

Damnit

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Someone forgot to remove the table lock and turned the handle too hard?

I would make a steel part with the hole bored exactly to size of the sleeve that holds the shaft, such that when put on the sleeve, it would not reach the bottom by 1-2 mm. Once put in place. then I would weld it, paying attention to avoiding too much warpage. The stresses are not huge unless you abuse the table, and there is almost no risk of any injury.

Ignoramus15784

Probably.

Ill take some pictures later today and post em. Its a very simple break...looks simple to repair..but if one works with cast iron often..its not so simple once its pondered on.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Reply to
Gunner Asch

It is not simple, considering that it needs to accurately hold the tube with the shaft, and allow said tube to turn and be pulled out.

Hence my suggestion of removing remnants of that cast iron holder, boring out a steel piece and welding that to the bottom of the oil bath.

Which reminds me... How is that Continental welder?

Personally, I had such bad luck with gas engines, that I never buy anything that needs a gas engine repaired in any way.

Ignoramus15784

Its still in pieces. One of my friends said he would rebuild it for me, if I simply buy the parts. I scored a near new set of valves for it, and will need some head bolts and whatnot.

Time I have..money...none. One of my customers called me just a moment ago, and I told him if I came down to repair..it would have to be COD..as I have enough to buy gas...one way. He said he would take care of it.