What are the CNC table differences

Hello,

I am wondering what everyone would recommend as a good light industrial plasma/router table. I have read a number of things from the news groups and other sources and I am totally confused now. I have narrowed the field down a bit to 3 different tables. Two of them are running winCNC the other is MACH 3. I was hoping to use MACH

3 but I was told that it was a bit of a hobbest application and not for real work. MACH 3 seemed to be widely accepted from what I saw. I thought that I had it selected but the final cost threw me. It seems that everything is an add-on and some of the items are well over priced which has me wondering.

The next problem I have seen is the torch height control for the plasma. I read that winCNC didn't work very well with it but then I was told that it had no problems. The price seems to be $2500.00 plus an extra $500.00 for the sensors ($3000.00 for ATHC). The unit I saw which used MACH 3 was under $1000.00 complete, but the one company is selling it for $2500 and no mention of extra sensor costs. What is true here? The plasma cutter I want to use is the Hypertherm 1000.

What would the check list be when looking for a CNC table which needs to be used out of the box? What hardware should I use? (I am even considering to get a table without electronics and order the controller and drivers and install them myself) What software should I use? What sort of things should I watch out for?

I think a 4' x 4' table with steppers which is capable of both a plasma and a router (which could be interchanged for required operation) I want to cut metal, plastics, and wood.

Thanks,

Reply to
Rob

If you have some specific question you like to ask here then okay but otherwise suggest google cnczone or practical machinist.

Reply to
over a barrel

you again? STFU! He asked a specific question you friggen retard?

Since your obviously retarded maybe I could help you out. This was the first line of his post:

Since this group was made to discuss the sale of cnc equipment seems his "question" was right on target. So........STFU troll!

In fact...go troll somewhere else, somewhere more your speed....maybe alt.cats.

Reply to
vinny

Look guys, I don't need this shit. This is the exact reason these types of groups are not respected to much. You post a question and you get shit back. Do these responses look like they are on topic for this group? My post is asking questions which are on subject for this group. I am asking for input on which CNC tables would be recommend and why. I am asking about torch height controllers. I am asking about software which controls all actions. If you feel that the questions are not focused enough then ask a question for clarification. Otherwise don't waste your time and my time.

Reply to
Rob

Ask and you shall...

Yup and WOW at how everybody in here is just tripping all over each other to try and help....

You were politely told where to go for this.

You were politely told where to go for this.

You were politely told where to go for this.

Except I'm not the one that's looking for answers here.

Reply to
over a barrel