Fadal 32MP - CMOS Battery

Booted up one of the Fadals this morning and was greeted with a battery low warning and had to re-configure the BIOS settings to get it working properly.

The lithium battery is soldered to the main-board. Has anybody managed to successfully replace one? It doesn't appear to be too bad of a job for someone with just mediocre soldering skills. Yes / No?

I don't think I want to know how much Fadal charges for a replacement board.

Reply to
Black Dragon

You can get a battery "socket" that will take a standard (2032?) Lithium Ion battery and cut out the old part and replace with the new one. Now, if I can just remember where I got the damned thing...................:>/

You could probably get the parts at any electronices store. Fry's would have it.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Agreed suggest if possible then clip the leads long and use pigtails to attach a new separate battery holder someplace, would allow for subsequent changeout without loss of settings so long as the replacement is done while the unit is powered on--stay with the lithium same voltage else ive always simply clip loose and glom on a new one but this was on our telco switch as so far never had a fadal battery go.

Double check pretty sure oem one would be this:

In which case the physical boundry dimensions would be exzatly same as any old garden variety AA cell and so should be pretty easy to source a suitable holder for doing the remote install thing.

Reply to
over a barrel