Fadal 32MP - CMOS Battery

Booted up one of the Fadals this morning and was greeted with a battery low warning and had to re-configure the BIOS settings to get
it working properly.
The lithium battery is soldered to the main-board. <sigh> Has anybody managed to successfully replace one? It doesn't appear to be too bad of a job for someone with just mediocre soldering skills. Yes / No?
I don't think I want to know how much Fadal charges for a replacement board.
--
Black Dragon

But if it's 80% glucose, then why does it taste salty?
Black Dragon wrote:

You can get a battery "socket" that will take a standard (2032?) Lithium Ion battery and cut out the old part and replace with the new one. Now, if I can just remember where I got the damned thing...................:>/
You could probably get the parts at any electronices store. Fry's would have it.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Ion
can
have
Agreed suggest if possible then clip the leads long and use pigtails to attach a new separate battery holder someplace, would allow for subsequent changeout without loss of settings so long as the replacement is done while the unit is powered on--stay with the lithium same voltage else ive always simply clip loose and glom on a new one but this was on our telco switch as so far never had a fadal battery go.
Double check pretty sure oem one would be this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Saft-LS-14500-3-6Volt-Lithium-AA-Battery-w-Axial-leads_W 0QQitemZ380036397561QQihZ025QQcategoryZ50882QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVie wItem
In which case the physical boundry dimensions would be exzatly same as any old garden variety AA cell and so should be pretty easy to source a suitable holder for doing the remote install thing.