Fadal 104D Controller

Asking everywhere. We have a machine that still has a 104D control. Any
help finding manuals specific to this control. Suppose to have Gibbs on it
but can't get to the windows section of the control. Machine boots right
into the cold start page.
Reply to
ribbet4
You have my condolences. The one I used got hauled away and replaced by a Fadal with a Fanuc control. The only machine I've used worse than a Fadal w/104D control is Milltronics VMC's. Milltonics iron and controls are junk.
You should be able to Alt-Tab to the desktop from the control screen. If not press Ctrl-Alt-Del, start the task manager, then start Explorer using the task manager and do what you have to do from there.
Manuals? I don't think there were any but I'll check my archive when I get to work. Maybe you'll get lucky.
Reply to
Black Dragon
[Addendum]
Black Drag> ribbet4 wrote:
I've got 188MB of PDF manuals for the 104/D control. There's nothing in them about running Windows and Windows software though. I'll be happy to burn them to a CD and snail mail it to you. Is the email address in your From header valid so I can contact you and exchange shipping info privately?
Reply to
Black Dragon
I "think" that was the control I used years ago. As I recall, there was a knob you just turned to switch between the two. The Gibbs package was a crude DOS interfaced version.
-- Bill
Reply to
johnsondick5
You're "think"ing about Fadal 32MP controls.
Reply to
Black Dragon
You can download the manuals for free here -
paul
Dude,
Effing Great!!! Great quality PDFs, as well, and they download fast. The macros section is date April 2003, considerably later than what I got. Hopefully they edited out all the effing errors. I'll have to check out G68, as well..... :)
Why wouldn't g-d MAG/Fadal supply this?
Check out Jay Leno, giving a surprisingly down-to-earth demo of a Fadal 4020, on this same site:
. Funny amc-type assessment of endmills at the end.
They show an impeller that seemingly would have to have used a 4th axis, no? But no 4th axis....
You can also see this video at
along with a calypso water jet video, and overall, dozens and dozens of other types of videos.
Now here's the Q: What type of company is compumachine?? A VAR for various brands (not including Haas, for some reason)? What do they provide, if you buy the machine through them? Who would service it?
Good show, on the manuals, tho.
Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®
Are you sure? There aren't any for the 104D on the site and that's what the OP was looking for. I have them, but the OP never returned.
Reply to
Black Dragon
PV:
The water pump impeller is a 4th axis part. You can see a 4th axis tailstock in the foreground. We make those for Fadal - we're probably not the only vendor they use though. You can see a 4th axis rotary toward the right side of the table BEHIND Leno when he moves to the right side of the table.
The turbine impeller and head (assuming he's talking about porting it) would be 5 axis jobs. They would probably be done on an A,B trunnion. Which isn't shown.
Reply to
BottleBob