Vario Tec Vise Jaws

To All:

Cruising through an online brochure for Westec I saw this product by Lang-Technovation.

BottleBob

Bob, I wonder how easily the pins would be to push in and out after chips and coolant?

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

GD:

Heh you know, I was thinking the opposite. That the pins would move back into the jaw too easily. But I would think a quick spritz of cleaner or a few minutes in the ultrasonic cleaner would take care of coolant residue. Definitely a good question to ask them if someone went to their Westec booth.

Reply to
BottleBob

Bob, Having to take them apart kind of negates speedy setups.

Hope all is well with you and Fran. The house deal finalized yet?

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

GD:

That would certainly be a problem if you had to take the jaw off to clean it constantly. But if you only had to take it off once a month or two, it wouldn't be too bad.

Fran & I are doing good. The condo purchase has been a roller coaster ride, but it may happen next month. Jeeze, I about broke my toe twice by accidentally kicking boxes stacked in the hallway. :(

Reply to
BottleBob

Very nice -- looks improvisable by mortals, as well.

How do you pop the pins out? with that air ditty?

I can see a sucka really cryin, after crashing one of those jaws, tho.

Did you see their Quick point ditty? What exactly does that do??

Their stuff looks beautifully made. But they seem to have only those two products. Good luck to'em!

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

OK, after E-mailing the US division of Lang I was sent a PDF brochure. And after another E-mail asking for pricing on certain part numbers here is an over-view of the pricing.

#125210 - $578.00 for one complete vise jaw set, includes air gun, sealing plates and alignment tool

#120130 - 30 degree angle plate set of two (2), $59.00 #120145 - 45 degree angle plate set of two (2), $59.00

They have angle plates in every degree.

#120490 - 90 degree fixture, $135.00

Reply to
BottleBob

Hi Everybody - My name is Tony Novinska and I'm the National Sales Manager for Lang Technovation in Waukesha. My work phone is

262-446-9850 if you ever wish to discuss our products, get pricing, etc. We have a range of about 25 products in hundreds of configurations. All you have to do is call. Really.

Or, you can spend your time in Forums speculating about pricing and configuration.

:-)

Tony

Reply to
Tony from Lang

Tony:

Was there a significant error in the prices I listed?

Reply to
BottleBob

PDF brochure.

Not at all Bob. You were right on. I just find it funny that after an inquiry, there's a buzz about a product, but my phone is silent. That's all. Have a good day and I'm sorry to intrude on your forum discussion.

Reply to
Tony from Lang
[...]

I like your vise jaw set, would work nicely for holding mold inserts and I'd like to add one to my tool box. But it'd cost me almost an entire mortgage payment which in these uncertain times is much better off being stuffed into a mattress than spent on luxury items.

Betcha' I'm not the only one with that point of view...

Reply to
Black Dragon

a PDF brochure.

Tony, First this is not an intrusion ino the forum. Since it was taken over by trolls and psycopaths, there was little about machining. Your reply being one of the rare and welcome exceptions.

Secondly, although there may be a "buzz" about the product, everyone looking may see that this will fill some need, perhaps in the future, it is interesting, and file the information away for when they need it, ( hopefully they remember where it was ) .

Thirdly, thanks again for posting something about machining not squabbling, or politics.

Fourth if some grumpy old fart rips on you here, ignore it, or laugh at him... That is his "attempt" at a "persona".

Reply to
Half-Nutz

nt a PDF brochure.

You got it Bob - actually, ironically enough, "my phone rang". Ahhh, the internet. It must be true, I read it here!

All joking aside, I really appreciate the fact that you took my message as levity as that was my intent. You are dead on with all the crap the is the internet. What a time sucker this thing is, huh?

Reply to
Tony from Lang

sent a PDF brochure.

quoted text -

Oh yeah... Black Dragon...

Well, I look at it this way... If it saves you time and money in the fact that you don't have to make costly parallels, can set it up quickly and accurately every time and it's accurate and repeatable, then it's an investment that will give you a quick return.

However, if this is something that will not, then you are correct that it's a luxury and I'd wait for the "ramp up" that will be coming again at some point.

A set of jaws is $578.00 plus shipping (UPS Ground to CA, for example is about $11) and it includes a fixed jaw, moveable jaw, two sealing plates and an air gun. Honestly guys, I feel like a drug dealer some times. I intentionally sell one set to a guy with 19, 6" Kurts for example. Only to have his boss call me back and yell at me to sell them more because the guys in the shop are fighting over them or they're always taking them off and putting on another vise.

Call me evil. Go ahead.

:-)

Thanks for listening guys and have a good day - don't cut any fingers off either!

Reply to
Tony from Lang

Tony:

That was Half-Nutz that you were replying to as "Bob". I have NEVER posted with a handle other than BottleBob in the 12 years I've been online. And I agree, that you're not intruding whatsoever since it's very much On-Topic. And you're not spamming the group, since *I* was the one who brought your product to the group's attention and was asking questions.

You got a call? That's cool. I posted your site address in the course of a thread called "Need to drill angle in cnc" over in Practical Machinist.

Hey, do I get a finder's fee if you make a sale as a result of someone seeing your puppies here or over on PM? Just kidding. LOL

Reply to
BottleBob

Sorry about the mixup on the name... And thank you for being so cordial! As far as commissions, I already have too many middle men. LOL

Take care guys and thanks for the levity!

Reply to
Tony from Lang

Or you could use priority mail (in my experience normal 1-2 day delivery) with boxes provided free from the post office and the they mail them to you free of charge as well.

Advantage you can stuff the boxes as full as you want up to 70 lbs (USA) and it's a fixed price for all. Example fixed price for shipping small box 5-3/8? x 8-5/8? x 1-5/8? is $4.80 or larger box 11" X 8.5" X

5.5" is $10.35.

For your logo place it on label and tape.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

I don't share it.

How soon before you think used Haas Mini Mills start selling for $8,000? For that kind of money why not buy a few and store them till the market eventually gets better.

You would not believe what I'm buying in the LA area and what the going rate for quality stuff is.

Our shop is now up to 10 sets of Talon Grip vise jaws and I'm sure I'll get the go ahead on purchasing a set of Vario Tec Vise Jaws to evaluate. None of them will be mounted to cheap Chinese Kurt knock off vises.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Good suggestion, however, we have proprietary packaging with foam inserts to protect as best we can our products. All USPS does is provide different size boxes. I am currently in review of all shipping methods and both UPS Ground and USPS Priority Mail utilize the conveyor "drop" system, which can be hard on heavy (10 to 35lb) packages. So, in the interest of minimal damage to our product, we are currently looking at UPS 2nd day saver and the same for FedEx parameters. Most of our stuff, like Rockwell 60 hard Vario Tec jaws are impervious to what the mail can to do them, however the packaging that houses them? Not so much. Even our Quick Point plates are case hardened, so nothing's really going to happen to them, but the more they are allowed to shift in transit and the contents get jangled around, the more they are like the chick fighting to get out of the eggshell.

Have a good day, guys!

Reply to
Tony from Lang