To all you shop owners out there...

We don't make profit because of your managers...we make profit in spite of your managers.

Just a reminder...

Reply to
vinny

And just how much money did you put up? How many customers did you bring into the business?

Reply to
jaman

Not even. Eric had them all convinced they were from the same mold.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Blackwater ?

Reply to
Over a barrel

I teach Kindergrten through 5th grade music when I'm not struggling as a toolmaker, and let me tell you, the answers kids come up with never cease to amaze me.......

Long story short: my 1st grade kids usually know the word "robber" but I needed the word "burglar" for what we were doing, as it HAD to be a word beginning with "b".

So I said "Okay, it's another word for 'robber' or 'thief' that begins with letter 'b'."

First answer from an enthusiastic 1st-grader: "Banker!!!"

Reply to
earwax museum

LOL Kids are something - they frequently see things so clearly.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

You are sure about one thing.... Let us know how it works out.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

rofit in spite

I'd rather to

lf running demo:

I got interested in a change of careers some years ago and CNC seemed like a good idea. I didn't pursue it, but I found that the people here tended to be a lot smarter than most I so stuck around...

Reply to
jaman

eh? Was that an attempt at being sarcastic?

If it was...your management material...

Reply to
vinny

I had that also with software ... tell me what you want it to do and then leave me alone.

What killed me in my last employment was feature creep. At least with a piece of metal I doubt they would look at the finished product and ask you to modify it and make it 2 inches thicker. In that last employment every time I 'finished' they wanted me add one more thing that caused me to throw out half the code. Yes, software can be upgraded but it's not just add more code, it's also break a lot of the old code. I had to rewrite the software maybe 7 times and then stopped giving a dam.

At least with my own eBiz I decide what needs to be done and it saves me from wanting to beat the crap out of idiot users.

Reply to
jaman

I have been an independent contractor for 10 years, I will never get rich, and my future is never secure, but I couldn't be happier. My morning exercise takes priority and all my customers are happy to see me when I get there.

Reply to
Bill

If you can make it work then great! Given that the economy is in the tank I am just getting bye, but I have time to build new software skills in setting up eCommerce servers and I'm hoping to leverage that in the next few months to set up some interesting website. I am hoping to leave and move to the Philippines where I can take on some contracts from North America and live the good life on $2000 a month ...

It's a plan anyway!

Reply to
jaman

Fools that you are obviously jealous off because they have guts and you are just a complaining little girl

"Mommy, mommy, make the bad man stop creating jobs and earning money!"

Reply to
jaman

Those aren't your machines, they belong to your employer. The only machine you own is a toaster.

Go machine yourself a slice of bread.

Reply to
jaman