0.13µm CMOS

Hi all,

currently I am investigating a data sorting algorithm on hardware. The algorithm was implemented in VHDL and is currently running on a Xilinx Virtex-II Pro XC2VP70 - FF1704 FPGA. Power consumption is a crucial aspect in the target application. Therefore I made an analysis with the Xilinx Virtex-II Pro Web Power Tool

and obtained satisfying results.

Now I'd like to make an estimation what this circuit would consume on a comparable ASIC 0.13µm CMOS technology (the FPGA is also based on a 0.13µm CMOS technology). The target clock frequency is 180 MHz, activity ratio is

15%. Is there any rule of thumb or calculation rule?

Any help is highly appreciated !!!!

Regards Gero

Reply to
Geronimo Stempovski