Myself I am very slowly getting back into it...currently I am switching from
HO to N Scale.
+ The FidoNet News Gate (Huntsville, AL - USA) +
On 2019-07-24, Shane O'Neill <> wrote:

Hello Shane! I'm slowly getting back in as well. Sticking with HO for now, but I've been toying with the idea of N.
I'm also wrestling with a move from DC to DCC (and wired vs wireless). My small test layout is simple enough that DC is fine, however what I have planned will be very complicated to implement in DC. I'd be curious to hear others experiences in this area.
Tom
+ User FidoNet address: 1:305/3 To> Hello Shane! I'm slowly getting back in as well. Sticking with HO for To> now, but I've been toying with the idea of N.
Hi Tom! After a little hiatus it hit me for what I want to do in a layout (long trains) I could do more with the same space I have available currently for HO.
Funny thing, I was not even thinking about trains for a good year and this simple revelation came to me one morning in the show of all places LOL!
To> I'm also wrestling with a move from DC to DCC (and wired vs wireless). To> My small test layout is simple enough that DC is fine, however what I To> have planned will be very complicated to implement in DC. I'd be To> curious to hear others experiences in this area.
When I got back into the model rail scene about 6 years back I went in all DCC, the nice thing is it is universal between HO and N as far as control units go!
Good to hear from you and yes I too would be curious to hear from others!
Shane.
+ The FidoNet News Gate (Huntsville, AL - USA) +