Woohoo! I'm so excited! Building a N scale diorama

Since I left the model railroading world a little while back, I've missed it terribly. So, today I had a crazy thought! Since I'm switching to N scale anyway (from HO), and since I really don't have the room right now, why not build a diorama? So I started one today (it stays at work). It's very small (29.5" x 16.5") and will feature a double-track mainline, a spur off the main to an industry, a passenger station (passenger trains are still my favorite), a road, some businesses, maybe a house or two, a small creek, and scenery.

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!! I've already bought a CSX 60' Box Car which will be, I'm sure, happy to serve my industry... I'll keep you posted of the progress, and please let me know if you have any thoughts/suggestions. I will probably get lots of inspiration from Pelle's article in the MR a few issues back (N shelf layout I think).

WOOHOO!!! And CHOO CHOO!!!

-- crazyro

Reply to
crazyro

crazyro wrote: Since I left the model railroading world a little while back, I've missed it terribly. So, today I had a crazy thought! Since I'm switching to N scale anyway (from HO), and since I really don't have the room right now, why not build a diorama? So I started one today (it stays at work). It's very small (29.5" x 16.5") and will feature a double-track mainline, ------

------... I'll keep you posted of the progress

----------------------------------------------------- Good luck and enjoy! Please do keep us posted. I'm looking forward to it.

History of N Scale:
Links to over 500 helpful sites:

Bill

Hehe.. Funny... :-)

Actually, I got home and started looking around the garage and found a piece of 1" styrofoam, just the right size! :-) It's a 2' x 4', so that's what I'm using now. And, am actually building it at home, in the office, and not at work. Maybe wanting to do it at work was not such a good idea after all. :-)

-- crazyro

Reply to
crazyro

Ohhhhh! A home office...That explains a lot.

Heck, if you could get away with it, model railroading on Company time would the greatest thing since sliced bread!

--Dan

Reply to
Dan O'Connor

The only thing that beats it is getting paid to do it. In my business I sometimes get paid to build a model railroad. Woo Hoo!

cat

Reply to
cat

Reply to
K day

====================================================== The last tool and die shop I worked at we were working 12 hour days in the design department. I only had about six hours worth of work to do a day, but my boss told me I had to be there in case the guys in the shop needed numbers or details drawn. To keep me happy he would let me go on company time to the hobby shop and buy rail cars to put together during working hours. This lasted about eight months. I got paid a lot of overtime to put together kits.

Robert

Reply to
Robert "rpon"