Woohoo! I'm so excited! Building a N scale diorama

Since I left the model railroading world a little while back, I've missed it
terribly. So, today I had a crazy thought! Since I'm switching to N scale
anyway (from HO), and since I really don't have the room right now, why not
build a diorama? So I started one today (it stays at work). It's very small
(29.5" x 16.5") and will feature a double-track mainline, a spur off the
main to an industry, a passenger station (passenger trains are still my
favorite), a road, some businesses, maybe a house or two, a small creek, and
scenery.
I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!! I've already bought a CSX 60' Box
Car which will be, I'm sure, happy to serve my industry... I'll keep you
posted of the progress, and please let me know if you have any
thoughts/suggestions. I will probably get lots of inspiration from Pelle's
article in the MR a few issues back (N shelf layout I think).
WOOHOO!!! And CHOO CHOO!!!
--
crazyro
Reply to
crazyro
Since I left the model railroading world a little while back, I've missed it terribly. So, today I had a crazy thought! Since I'm switching to N scale anyway (from HO), and since I really don't have the room right now, why not build a diorama? So I started one today (it stays at work). It's very small (29.5" x 16.5") and will feature a double-track mainline, ------ ------... I'll keep you posted of the progress ----------------------------------------------------- Good luck and enjoy! Please do keep us posted. I'm looking forward to it.
History of N Scale:
Links to over 500 helpful sites:
Bill
Hehe.. Funny... :-)
Actually, I got home and started looking around the garage and found a piece of 1" styrofoam, just the right size! :-) It's a 2' x 4', so that's what I'm using now. And, am actually building it at home, in the office, and not at work. Maybe wanting to do it at work was not such a good idea after all. :-) -- crazyro
Reply to
crazyro
Ohhhhh! A home office...That explains a lot.
Heck, if you could get away with it, model railroading on Company time would the greatest thing since sliced bread!
--Dan
Reply to
Dan O'Connor
The only thing that beats it is getting paid to do it. In my business I sometimes get paid to build a model railroad. Woo Hoo!
cat
Reply to
cat
Kudos to you. I would love to see more people building dioramas. I can be perfectly happy building nothing but dioramas. I have built most of mine so they can fit in a future layout. I don't know when I will build another layout , but in the meantime I'm having just as much fun with the dioramas. Would love to see pics of it.
Ken Day
Reply to
K day
====================================================== The last tool and die shop I worked at we were working 12 hour days in the design department. I only had about six hours worth of work to do a day, but my boss told me I had to be there in case the guys in the shop needed numbers or details drawn. To keep me happy he would let me go on company time to the hobby shop and buy rail cars to put together during working hours. This lasted about eight months. I got paid a lot of overtime to put together kits.
Robert
Reply to
Robert "rpon"