Milltronics,Fadals, Hurcos

I have used Fadals since 1984
The turcite used to peel off the box way machines.
Had better luck w/linear way machines, just not as robust as Mazacks.
My ex foreman ,who I sold my machines and Orlando business to, has a shop
full of Fadals. He has had spindle and axis drive motor problems on all the
newer ones.
The Hurcos: VM-1 (26 x 14 x 18)
You cant just save the program,it saves the tool page and part set up, a
real pain in the ass when you bring up a program you did months ago because
it loads all the tools that were in the machine back then and resets the x,y
& z zeros to that set-up also.
If you are doing multiple hole patterns( different sizes) it has no way to
prioritize tools, ie: it puts the spot drill in and out of the spindle for
every set of holes(you can tell a Mazak to do every hole while that tool is
in the spindle)
You press hold to stop the machine, to get it going again yopu press hold
again,not start like all the other machines. If you think this is petty wait
till you hear a tool tearing up and you start smashing the hold button...hit
it twice and it keeps going!
Other little things, spindle shuts off or you lose jog when you go between
screens. You have to hold the start button in for 2 seconds for the machine
to start, its easy to push start and walk away from the machine only to come
back and find you didnt machine the part!
I have the G-code feature but we do alot of 1-5 part runs and the
conversational is great for this...most of the time I dont even save the
programs...takes longer to type in all the right tools again than it does to
make a new program!