Milltronics Partner w/ Centurion IV CNC Control

Our company was just given the above machine and I want to know if anybody can tell me anything about it. From Milltronics site, it seems to be one of their oldest machines. Anybody worked on one of these tools?

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

I know somethings about machine i had one !!!

Reply to
HaroldA102

[I've got one I've been retrofitting one with a modern control system. Mine is actually a Leadwell-Ramco "Rammill", but the Centurion IV control is the same. Do you have a manual for it? It was a pretty good controller in its day (early '80s), but unfortunately there is no way to get programs into it, short of typing them into the balky old keyboard on the console. If yours has a paper tape reader, you might have better luck, since you can use a BTR with those, and "drip-feed" code in that way. Otherwise, it will only run from its (tiny) memory. Are you going to retrofit it, or try to run it as is? If you're keeping it as is, let me know, since I've scrapped out the old control, etc. and I've got some very hard-to-get spare parts I'm not too attached to...]

Andrew Werby

[See "My current retrofit project" for Rammill pictures, etc.]
Reply to
Andrew Werby