Help identify a Palmgren rotary table?

Just acquired an 8" table that has X & Y travel, tilts and rotates. Similar to their current model 84, no. 32804 here:

Has 6284-1 in the casting and 84-202 stamped in the table. Nothing on the Palmgren site. Some pix here:

Anyone know a model number and where to get a manual and parts list?

Reply to
Terry Keeley

104, Palmgren?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Those are those bassackwards cross-slide rotary tables. They are set up so that it's like having a rotary table mounted on your mill table. Except if you have a mill already, you might as well just use a rotary table! It would have been so much more useful (seems to me) if it were like an XY table mounted on a rotary table. Then if you wanted to mill a rectangular pocket with large radius corners, you could do it in one setup, because you could move the center of rotation a known amount with the XY.

I have the long-term use of a 15" Troyke rotary table (thanks, Aaron, Chris and Bob) and recently acquired a quality 6x12" XY table which I'll mount on the RT if I ever need it, for just such a task. I'm sooo spoiled by a DRO I'll have to really think about backlash again or it'll bite me, but it'll be fun.

GWE

Tom wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin