Help identifying Palmgren table?

Just acquired an 8" table that has X & Y travel, tilts and rotates. Similar to their current model 84, no. 32804 here:

Has 6284-1 in the casting and 84-202 stamped in the table. Nothing on the Palmgren site. Some pix here:

Anyone know a model number and where to get a manual and parts list?

Reply to
Terry Keeley

That's a bad stutter you have there! :-)

Again, Model 104 and perhaps Palmgren would be the place to obtain documentation?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Sorry about that, I've tryed to post this 3 times and this is the first I've seen it, guess I'll get a real news reader some day.

Thanks, now I have a model number to tell them when I call...

Terry Keeley

Terry Keeley

Just got some info from Palmgren:

"Dear Mr. Keeley: Mixed news. Just talked to Walter Szotek, our manuf. engineer. If the table ID is indeed 84-202 with no alphas in the string, then the unit is about 40 years old. No parts for the dividing plate are available; those were cleared out 5 years ago. Pls double check the table ID and email me back on that. Other than the dividing attachment, the parts are supposed to be the same for the US made

32804 list I already sent you (with the exception of the table gear #35 which now has a different bore diameter).

Some history. After the first thousand or so tables were produced in the

84 series, they started adding year identifiers after the '-'. 'A' indicated 1968..."

Thanks for the help!

Reply to
Terry Keeley

Here's a copy of a 1965 cataloge page that "Tom" from rcm sent me, looks like I have a indexing plate to find :)

Thanks Tom!

Reply to
Terry Keeley