File recovery problem

I made a big mistake.
because of a certain file i was on i changed the save time to 120 so i wouldn't be hassled ever 5 min with my standard save time.
however now there is a file that autocad cannot recover, and i don't have a temporary file, and my backup file is to old.
is there any other way of recovering an autocad drawing without autocad?
thanks guys
Yes. Know anyone with Intellicad? It will often open an Autocad file that Autocad will not. Did it just yesterday.

Don't make a second mistake, before you use anything to recover / fix the file make a copy and recover the copy.
Its worth keeping even a damaged file as a virgin copy. this way you get to try a number of different ways to load.
You should be able to download INtelliCAD Free from Cadopia.com if they have updated the expire date past the end of September.
If not send me the file and I will have a go for you.
Alan ( Cadalot)
http://www.cadalot.co.uk

What version are you running?
--