Is there a way to add 'Recover' to the open dialogue box?

Sure would be nice, instead of having to start a new drawing & the picking recover from the file menu.
Thanks.

Can't you just pick Recover from the File menu without start a new drawing?
Conny

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:28:07 GMT, "Conny Klasson"

Yes, but you still have to start a new drawing (drawing 1). Sometimes AutoCAD will crash & before it quits it will ask if I want to save my changes, so I say yes. Cad saves the changes & then exits. If I start AutoCAD & try to open the drawing, AutoCAD will start a new drawing because the other one needs recovery. I then have to close the dummy drawing & recover the proper one. What I want to do is start AutoCAD & in the open drawing dialogue box, have the option of recovering a drawing without first having to start a new one. Trivial I know, but it makes sense when you think about it.

You're right. Sorry about that. Kind of stupid that you can't launch AutoCAD in no-document-mode.
Conny