File Size

Hi there,

I am doing network work for a property development firm that is bringing 2-3 designers in house to do work in AutoCAD. I am planning their new network infrastructure (and file server space), however I don't know the average file size of an AutoCAD drawing. Can someone give me a rough guestimate?

Thanks! Evan snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
emacizzle

File size can vary greatly, but I don't suppose it would be unreasonable to estimate 750Kb to 1Mb per drawing file.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

Our office is currently processing Architectural 2-D drawings. These dwg's are up to 15 MB .....

Reply to
peter govaere

we are cuurently working on large industrial plant 3d files with multiple xrefs & each are in the 30mb range

Reply to
longshot

That's more in line with my practice. Each sheet is always well over 2M with typical 8-10 sheets (residential plans only).

Reply to
Jude Alexander

The OP said something about site development not buildings. I have several site development drawings (given to me by civil engineers) that are in the 1.0 - 1.5 Mb range. Remember, the OP asked for an "average" file size.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

Hi all,

Thank you for each of your responses! I needed a basic, average range, which is what I got.

Thank you again!

Evan emacizzle AT gmail.com

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
emacizzle

The truth is that the question hard to answer with the details given.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich