File Size

Hi there,
I am doing network work for a property development firm that is bringing 2-3 designers in house to do work in AutoCAD. I am planning
their new network infrastructure (and file server space), however I don't know the average file size of an AutoCAD drawing. Can someone give me a rough guestimate?
Thanks! Evan snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
In a previous post snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote...

File size can vary greatly, but I don't suppose it would be unreasonable to estimate 750Kb to 1Mb per drawing file.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co

Our office is currently processing Architectural 2-D drawings. These dwg's are up to 15 MB .....

we are cuurently working on large industrial plant 3d files with multiple xrefs & each are in the 30mb range
wrote...

That's more in line with my practice. Each sheet is always well over 2M with typical 8-10 sheets (residential plans only).

In a previous post Jude Alexander wrote...

The OP said something about site development not buildings. I have several site development drawings (given to me by civil engineers) that are in the 1.0 - 1.5 Mb range. Remember, the OP asked for an "average" file size.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
Hi all,
Thank you for each of your responses! I needed a basic, average range, which is what I got.
Thank you again!
Evan emacizzle AT gmail.com