Graphic File Generation

I am in charge of the site drawings in a shipyard. Due to the yard being in change most of the time the drawings are all xreffed to a master plan and are drawn in paperspace with the drawing sheet and some details in paperspace and the drawing subjects and the site plan xref in modelspace.

I often get requests for drawings in a graphic file form - I usually use .wmf inserted into a word doc.

However when I generate the .wmf file I can only get either the paperspace objects or the modelspace objects to show.

I have been using the work around method of converting the drawing to all modelspace by cutting & pasting all the paperspace objects at scale to modelspace but this is a pain in the butt because it requires a new drawing file to be created. (and of course a white background to be configured in autoCAD)

Is there some trick to be able to get both paper and modelspace objects to display in the exported file?

Reply to
Andrew NIELSEN

Have you tried printing as a pdf and then insert the pdf in the word document

in change most of the time the drawings are all xreffed to

details in paperspace and the drawing subjects and the

.wmf inserted into a word doc.

objects or the modelspace objects to show.

modelspace by cutting & pasting all the paperspace

requires a new drawing file to be created. (and of course a

display in the exported file?

Reply to
Robert

Or try to print screen with the cursor at the far right , and the ucs icon off mode then open the jpg with photoshop then crop then insert to the word document

in change most of the time the drawings are all xreffed to

details in paperspace and the drawing subjects and the

.wmf inserted into a word doc.

objects or the modelspace objects to show.

modelspace by cutting & pasting all the paperspace

requires a new drawing file to be created. (and of course a

display in the exported file?

Reply to
Robert

You could also print to pdf and them convert the pdf direct to doc using "Fine Reader". William

"Robert" skrev i meddelandet news:1_Ltb.4383$ snipped-for-privacy@wagner.videotron.net...

Reply to
William Jones

DWF is also nice, IMO. If your target audience is very non-technical, it might cause some grief, though.

Reply to
TomD

display in the exported file? You can also have a look at our product BetterWMF: It create a WMF that includes paperspace and all viewports

Reply to
Jos Groot Lipman

Best hundred bucks I spent in the world of CAD! Thanx, Jos.

Reply to
RonB