New 3D Hybrid Modeler Called Concepts

Concepts easily out models SolidWorks, Inventor, etc.

In Concepts solids and surfaces work seamlessly together.

Concepts is not good for large assemblies, does not do sheet metal and has no built in CAM.

What Concepts does well is give you the ability to easily model real world objects that are can be very difficult to model with solid modelers / solid modelers where surfacing is an afterthought.

Concepts sells for $995 and a free demo is available so that one can try / learn it. Note, Concepts toll free 800 number can be used for support even if you don't buy the product.

Concepts runs on a PC or on Mac OS X.

Concepts is a high level modeler that blows the doors off low level products like Rhino that have no feature based solids and maintain no associativity for surface to spline or surface to surface. Concepts also has powerful variable filleting.

Concepts is based on the latest ACIS kernel.

I don't work for this company, I don't sell or support software. This post is here because I think it's high time that the market got a powerful product like Concepts at a reasonable price.

Try Concepts and then post what you think... good or bad.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer