RE: 3d Surface (Digital terrain model)

I would like to know if it is possible to create a full 3d surface(DTM) in
Autocad 14 or 2000. I have vectorised a map , 1:50 000 containing a huge
amount of contours, a mountainous area of Southern Africa. Eventually I
would like to re-create the contours at intervals of 20 metres. The original
map has 25 metre spacings.
Best Regards
Shafiq Gamiet
Image Scanning Technology
31 Princess of Wales Terrace
Parktown
Johannesburg
+27 828755315
+27 11 484 3442
snipped-for-privacy@ananzi.co.za
Reply to
steve ryan
I would like to know if it is possible to create a full 3d surface(DTM) in Autocad 14 or 2000. I have vectorised a map , 1:50 000 containing a huge amount of contours, a mountainous area of Southern Africa. Eventually I would like to re-create the contours at intervals of 20 metres. The original map has 25 metre spacings.
Best Regards Shafiq Gamiet Image Scanning Technology 31 Princess of Wales Terrace Parktown Johannesburg +27 828755315 +27 11 484 3442 snipped-for-privacy@ananzi.co.za
Reply to
steve ryan
There are cheaper options, but I can't speak to their effectiveness. We use EaglePoint software, which is similar in functionality to Land Development Desktop. If you only need the Surface Modeling, You could purchase that module from EaglePoint for under $500 US, probably.
Reply to
TomD