streching object

how to strech some object in AutoCAD. but no scale it, only strech it up and down, but the distance between the measures has to bee the same. thanks.

"Measures has to be the same" ?? Aren't you talking about MOVE ?
Jan
bericht

and
You need to use Scale to change the size of the object, or Stretch to change it in one direction, or Zoom to view it bigger on the display.
What do you want to do?
ivan1.klaric_I_HATE_SPAM snipped-for-privacy@public.srce.hr (Geronimo_work) wrote:

B. W. Salt. wrote:

Yes I didn't explain it very clear. so I have for example an object and on it I have a scale (from 1 to 50 for example). Now what i want to do is to stretch the object up and down but not left and right. because when i use scale it goes bigger in all directions. thanks.
You give the answer by yourself. Use STRETCH. Select the upper edge (use crossing) and move it upwards. Select the bottom edge (use crossing) and move it downwards. Another way is to move it upwards first, than stretch it down.
Hope this is what you are looking for.
Jan
bericht (Geronimo_work) wrote:

Or make a block. Then you can scale X and/or Y as you want.
Conny
(Geronimo_work) wrote:

on
use
In alt.cad.autocad , JP wrote :

I suspect he is trying to stretch a block, so Geronimo, you may have to use properties box and change the y scale only.
hth Ron
Ron McNeil wrote:

it's not a block but I can make it as one if necesary and later explode. I'll try, thanks guys.
Ron McNeil wrote:

I make it as a block and stetch it but when i explode after, the text stays all messed up. I tryed the version with stretching but the drawing just moves not stretches. I don't understand what happens. I would like to post one of these drawings so someone could take a look if it's not a problem. on what binaries are you posting. thanks.
Put the drawing in : autodesk.autocad.customer-files, it is at discussion.autodesk.com We'll find it there.
Jan
bericht

stays