How Does SolidWorks 2005 Compare To A Real Hybrid Modeler ?

Not real well. :(

jon

Reply to
jon_banquer

Sporkman

I don't see SolidWorks mentioned at all in that article. It was an advertisement if you ask me.

Reply to
Devin Hughey

jb is like a cicada. Don't from him for a long time. Then all of a sudden he pops up and makes a bunch of noise. Treat him like the annoyying kid from around the corner, ignore him and hopefully he'll go away. The only thing that fuels his posts are people arguing with him. We don't need another Cliff/JB war using up the board.

later

Reply to
Craig Schultz

Cut him some slack. He's been waiting a year to post that. LOL

Reply to
Jeff N

his series of treatments is over with ??

bill

Reply to
bill a

Jon, Do you have a url to a site displaying some of the design work you have done? J.D.

Reply to
JDMATHER

Jon,

How does it compare to a variational modeler?

I agree, I have never met or do business with a company yet that uses "Thinkdesign" , i have over 200 clients ranging from small to fortune 500 customers.

Reply to
Rocko

Yeah right Jon

Rocko

"Version 9 includes new hybrid modeling tools such as blending shapes, associative capping, and G2 filleting (figure 2, p. 38). Blending lets you connect two or more shapes in a single operation while maintaining control over G1 and G2 continuity and automatically fixing existing discontinuities as needed. Associative capping lets you create a multisided surface while controlling continuity?up to G2?with adjacent shapes. For example, you can fill an n-sided hole by controling continuity at mating surfaces. With G2 filleting, you can create styled fillets with lead-in control while maintaining G1 or G2 continuity. Although thinkdesign is not the only hybrid modeler on the market with these surfacing tools, the implementation in thinkdesign excels at fixing discontinuities and achieving G2 continuity across multiple surfaces"

jon

Reply to
jon_banquer

"GSM (global shape modeling) technology makes it easier for industrial designers to make post-design modifications (figure 3, p. 38). You can globally change the free-form shape of a design without worrying about how the model was constructed and without looking at the history tree. History is not required?you can perform GSM on native or imported models."

jon

Reply to
jon_banquer

"Think3 has taken the time to develop and continuously enhance its own proprietary hybrid modeling kernel. Hybrid means that the kernel is not limited to solids. You can mix wire frame, surface, and solid tools to best address the task at hand.

Figure 2. The new associative capping feature fills complex multisided holes with a single surface. It automatically creates a four-sided trimmed surface to fill the G2-continuous specified region. A good example of this is the ability to import a set of free-form surfaces, modify them, add your own surfaces, and then turn them into a parametric solid. You can still access the underlying curve and surface geometry that makes up the solid. This means that you have more tools to choose from to control geometry."

jon

Reply to
jon_banquer

Reply to
Sporkman

Well, I searched the U.S. Patent Office for issued patents, and Jon's name doesn't appear there either, so he isn't doing any innovative products either by himself or with others that make it to the Patent office.

Did a search on pending patents and "banquer" doesn't turn up anything either.

Bo (uh...yeah, my patents are under Burrell Clawson)

Reply to
Bo Clawson

In what is clearly an ad .... It's not like jb actually ever uses any of this stuff ... or even read the manuals (such as they may be).

Reply to
Cliff

You design a brick with a hole in it & someone else turns it into a pile of stinky s***? And then you don't have to worry?

Reply to
Cliff

"G2" but not C2? It can only work with (at most) cubics?

LOL .... he's got knot points in his shorts again ....

Reply to
Cliff

Whois 63.228.143.175? U S WEST Internet Services

Reply to
Cliff

Whios 199.101.36.44? OrgName: City of Mesa OrgID: CITYOF-200 Address: 59 E. First Street City: Mesa StateProv: AZ

Reply to
Cliff