How Does ProE Do In Areas That SolidWorks Fails Miserably At?

"In particular, SolidMap would have value to me if it had stuff that is either difficult or impossible to get from SolidWorks currently:

- detail about incontext relations (sketch, feature, part, assembly)

- warnings about circular relations in assemblies

- warnings about relations to things in assemblies that require multiple rebuilds (incontext features, component patterns, etc.)

- the interface to be laid out so you can see more than a few features at a time

- option to show the feature tree in a purely history based representation (not indented and reordered for parent/child)

- identify orphan features (have no relatives in the tree, and also features with no children in the tree)

- information about inserted parts, split parts, etc.

- information about references as relating to configurations

- possibly combine Feature Statistics, since that info is already available"

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Bump

Reply to
jon_banquer

Given: SolidWorks can often create very complex relations.

Problem: SolidWorks users get don't care how long it takes them to figure out these complex relations or recreate the model.

Fact: SolidWorks fails miserably at the *basic task* of quickly and easily showing the SolidWorks user these complex file relations so that the model or assembly can be easily modified.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

To Jon from Matt [ I prefer a rational discussion between people who really use the software. You prove on a regular basis that you can't be rational, and you have never said anything that makes me believe you have more than a passing familiarity with SolidWorks. ]

-Matt Lombard- Author SolidWorks Bible 2007

[ I'm looking for practical, viable suggestions, and maybe identifying what you think the problems are. (insane rants will be removed)

Example of something that will get removed: My name is Jon or cliff or neil or any one of their aliases. ]

-Matt Lombard- Author SolidWorks Bible 2007

Reply to
brewertr

Ignorant:

"Jon, I never forgot any of your postings about SDRC I made the wrong decision in spite of what you said. There have been a number of times that my Wife has told me to be careful in dealing with someone and after words says "I told you so". She earned the right to say it as well as you have earned the right to say I TOLD YOU SO. I made a decision that went against my better judgment and as usual it turned out poorly." .... Tom Brewer

Ignorant:

"I do not purchase programs unless I know before hand that they are what I want and/ or need."... Tom Brewer who can't follow his own advice. See above.

Ignorant:

Tom Brewer thinking he and his pals like Joe788 can play their Usenet staking games, lie on a repeated basis and suffer no consequences for doing so.

Ignorant:

"I have shot myself in the foot, not an easy thing to do when it is in your mouth and your head is in your ass."... Tom Brewer admitting what he's often like.

Ignorant:

Someone who has a proven track record of not being able to deal with or accept the kind of change that occurs in the cadcam market... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.

Ignorant:

Someone who doesn't live in San Diego yet insists there is no shortage of CNC machinists here... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.

Ignorant:

Someone who criticizes someone on SolidWorks but has never helped anyone with specific SolidWorks answers. Someone who is not able to answer any questions that "Vinny" had on master modeling or skeletal modeling. Someone who has never posted any models they have done... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.

Ignorant:

Tom Brewer's failure to understand who Matt Lombard really is.

Ignorant:

Tom Brewer's unable to comprehend what's on the cover of the SolidWorks Bible:

"Whether you're a new, intermediate, ...."

Ignorant:

Someone who can't understand more than a simple "I love it!" or "I hate it!" type of comment ... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.

Ignorant:

Tom Brewer implies that because you acknowledge that the $25 SolidWorks course covers subjects / topics that the $650 SolidWorks course didn't that you're now somehow an idiot and got screwed when you decided to purchase the $650 SolidWorks course.

Tom Brewer Writing About SmartCAM:

"I ended up paying a consultant $40.00 per hour for two weeks."

"FYI, when I said "Solid modeling" in reference to SmartCam it was tongue in cheek. What you could not see is that when I was typing that I was laughing to myself. Anyone that uses SmartCam and Solid Modeling in the same sentence cannot be taken seriously."

Recently Tom Brewer said SmartCAM had no user interface problems and yet the record shows Tom Brewer thinks SmartCAM does indeed have user interface problems:

"The only real problem that I run into is that the screen can get cluttered and it becomes difficult to pick and choose elements in Free Form. I just use the utility masking feature to hide what is in the way, that cures the problem but it does add work (I tried the snap filtering and snap options but for me it was not the best way), I have seen other packages that handle picking and choosing in better."

Conclusion:

Tom Brewer thinks he's a SolidWorks expert. A SolidWorks expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

I have been unable to post any of the "lies" that Tom Brewer supposedly posts and all I can do is to threaten him and his pal Joe788. Most of my rantings about Tom Brewer are about incidents from the past and have little or no bearing on what is going on today. I refuse to admit that Tom Brewer knows what he is talking about so I continue to post stuff from the past, make up stories and refusing to answer any questions. I try my best to make Tom and Joe788 look bad but it doesn't seem to be working.

Even though Tom Brewer has repeatedly pointed out who Matt Lombard is, I still can't get it through my head.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banqueer

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

"I spend a lot of time on line trying to make Jon Banquer look bad. Unfortunately for me I have been a complete failure. Maybe it is because most people don't have any respect for me because I've had my ass handed to me so many times by Jon Banquer than the only thing I can now come up with is imitating Jon Banquer. I realize that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Now it's correct.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

I read this saying somewhere and didn't realize that nobody would wish to imitate me.

Now thats correct.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banqueer

It is so easy to show how stupid I really am as I constatly provide ammunition to do so. I have never (except in my dreams) handed anyones ass to them but that doesn't keep me from fantasizing about it. I really can't believe anyone would wish to imitate my miserable life.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banqueer

"It is so easy to see how stupid I really am as I constantly provide ammunition to do so. For instance, in this thread I'm so dumb and stupid that I can't provide anything on topic. I have never (except in my dreams) been able to use SolidWorks or get very far with Mastercam. I'm a lazy and useless but that doesn't keep me from fantasizing about being Jon Banquer who has seen and done things I never will. I really can't believe anyone would wish to imitate my miserable ass so I try and be Jon Banquer. It helps me not dwell on what a worthless piece of shit I am."

Now it's correct.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

"I read this saying somewhere and don't know what it means. I will have to ask Jon Banquer what it means. In the mean time I will keep trying to be Jon Banquer because it helps me not dwell on how dumb and stupid I am."

Now it's correct.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Reply to
jon_banqueer

[...]

This is the most lively that the ProE newsgroup has been in a long time. Clearly cross-posting has its advantages. Of course adding to my store of knowledge is not one of them.

Reply to
graminator

Jon is looking for a new group where he can pose as a CAD/CAM and/or SolidWorks expert. Jon can't find anyone to buy into his expert persona in alt.machines.cnc & comp.cad.SolidWorks any more since he disclosed he is a beginner just recently attempting to learn SolidWorks after years of posing as an expert.

What Jon does is "Parrot" (copy and paste without understanding) advertisements, experts and real users. Of course Jon plagiarizes and peppers his parroted posts with buzzwords as if they are his original thought.

When Jon starts in on ProE as if he is an expert (and he will) just ask Jon specifics.....LOL...it's not easy to get Jon to answer specific questions but when he does boy is it good for the humor!

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

You could always surprise me by responding to the questions / points that I raised.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Still waiting.