Pro E wildfire 3.0 student version - wher to buy

Hi, I have found Pro E wildfire 3.0 at

don't know the site. Is it Ok - they don't run away with my credit number?

I come from Denmark. Any other recommendable site/place nearby maybe?

And. As far as I can see, the newest version is 4.0 Is it possible to get that as a student version?

Cheers.

Reply to
es335

The newest beta version is 4, but it hasn't been production released yet. I'm not even sure how you'd sign up for beta testing. The latest on Journey Ed is 3.0, but this is the only place that I know carries the SE. As far as buying online with a card, I understand your concern ~ you want some place where you can get your hands on "the bastards" when something goes wrong. I live in the US but I don't feel any safer ordering online from one of the "American" online sites (and they are certainly no more accessible to me than they would be to you) than I would ordering from somewhere in Europe. None is a store where you can take it back and stand there till they give you a refund. That said, I've ordered 4 or 5 SEs from JE and had trouble with ne, nada, nothing, never, nichts, nullo. I trust you'll have the same experience as much as they seem to want to stay in business, they've been around since the 90s and are growing. You don't do that, these days, by outright thievery. Too many hungry, eager class action lawyers around. A place like JE could go down the tubes really quickly by rampantly screwing students the way your local mom-and-pop-shop used bookstore does. Heart's ease, you're safe ordering from them.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

Hi David, thanks. I think I'll trust JE and make the order.

Do you by the way if the student edition has any restrictions/ limitations regarding the IGES file created? I have heard that the files from the student edition cannot be read in the industry edition. No that I am to do that, but I will import it into a program called Salome, and I am afraid that if the files from the student ed. is in some means modified or different than "real" iges files, I cannot import the files. And then I do not need the Pro E.

Reply to
es335

Seems to me that I've moved IGES data between the SE and professional edition of Pro/e. If you open the IGES file with a text editor (and it is just a text file), there's nothing in the header to identify what software produced the file. And, as IGES is one of the most generic neutral file formats, it isn't likely that you'll have any trouble with the SE IGES output. IOW, if Salome can read the IGES output of the professional version, it should have no trouble with SE output.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes