Wildfire student edition (will it be available for discount/free?)

Curious if anyone knows if Wildfire student edition will be available for a discounted price. I know that for a while the 2001 version was available for current PTC product users for around $15. I got a free version by attending a PTC conference. I think it would be a great idea to do this sort of thing with Wildfire. Any comments???

Mike

Reply to
mike

All ready have mine for free. Got it at the Pro/E user group meeting.

Different than 2001 in that this has a 60 day Flexlm license for the machine it is running on. You must register with PTC to get the license file.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Got mine on ebay. Paid $150.00 for it which is cheaper than Journey Ed's version which runs $299.00 if you're a non student. I've seen it go for less and sometimes more.

Rose

Reply to
Rose

When Wildfire came out, Jouney dropped the price of 2001 SE to $100/200. Maybe they'll do the same if, and when, a WF 2 SE comes out. Anybody heard if there's going to be a WF 2 Student Edition?

As for free, Torgon is running some Wildfire 'hands on' classes through June and giving away a timed version of the software.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Who is Torgon and do they also teach DesignStudio ?

Reply to
hamei

You'll find the 'hands on' training series at this page on the PTC website. Or you should, if you can log on. I've tried for two days and keep timing out or getting error message that 'Connection to Apache server failed, timed out after 10 seconds'.

check here:
Torgon is the var that replaced Rand for Pro/e sales and service. If DesignStudio isn't a PTC product, they probably don't sell or support it. Don't see it on their site. This is the page that lists the courses they give:

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes