Will the student version of SW open in regular SW?

The question is: Will files created in the Student Version of SolidWorks open in regular SolidWorks?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
el-jefe

I believe just a watermark, stated this was generated from a student version, will be placed on any drawings created from the students models and assemblies.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

Keith, Thanks for the info. I just started taking SolidWorks at a local college. I had previously received SolidWorks Personal Edition 2005 from a product demo I attended. The drawings I had created in the Personal Edition would not even open at all in either the full SolidWorks at school or the student edition I had at home. Thus, I was curious if the student drawings I created at home would be useable and editable at the college.

Reply to
el-jefe

Personal edition may be a different animal. If I remember someone here mentioning the personal edition could open normal SW files but not vise versa.

Reply to
Keith Streich