New files into old version of SW?

I know I should upgrade, but money is tight. In the meantime, is there a way for my clients to save their files, which are created in SW 2004, in a Solidworks format that can be opened by my old 2001 plus SW? Or, is saving them in IGES format the only choice? IGES will give me a read-only file, right?

Thanks for any help.

Dick

dick at antiochsys.com

Reply to
me

You can have them save them in IGES, step, sat, parasolid and your SW 2001+ will read them all. You just won't have a tree to modify them. They will come in as a "dumb" solid. You can add to and cut the dumb solid, it just won't be as easy as if they were in SW 2004.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Bovinich (home)

Thaks for the excellent and amazingly prompt reply.

Reply to
me

Save as parasolid. If you have office you might be able to use the featureworks add in to give you some feature history.

Respect

Reply to
cadishaq