How to view IGES & STEP files in solidworks 2004

I need to read these file formats in solidworks. One is IGES and the
other is STEP. However I don't currently have the plugins for them in
Solidworks. Are the plugins available for download somewhere? :)
Or do I have to go buy them :(
I am using Solidworks 2004 (SP2.1). And right now it doesn't seem to
recognize IGS and STP files even though, the File->Open option shows
them there. Windows explorer doesn't not place an icon beside these
files.
TIA
Reply to
Joseph
Do you have another package which can read these files, to confirm the file structure is good? The only problems I've had is making sure the versions were correct and that was exporting out to other software. I have had SW crap out once importing a ASIC file, but it was huge (15 megs).
Keith
Reply to
Keith Streich
If you don't have something else to open 3D models, you could download the free trial version of ALIBRE at
. After registering it, they will send you "for free" the data exchange module. Seems like a lot to just see if you files are good though.
Keith
PS send them to me at "click_me" I'll see what I can do. I have MDT installed also.
Reply to
Keith Streich
You should be able to open them. Are both files of the same thing? Can you post one of the files at
?
Reply to
jmather
You can download a viewer from Delcam called PSExchange. If this software can open the file for viewing then you may have another problem with regards to SW. Are the filename extensions correct for IGES or STEP?
Kman
Reply to
Kman