Convert new files for old version

Hi!

I'm trying to import an apparently newer part into my 2002 Solidworks Education Edition. It is clearly telling me to find a newer version of the program. Is is possible to convert this part to a version that will work with 2002?

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
radicalrhinoceros

Sorry but it can't be done. There is no save as older version. You will have to save the file in the newer version of solidworks as a

*.step, *.sat or parasolid file and import it into your solidworks, of course the downside is you loose all features and it will be a dumb solid. Regards, Michael
Reply to
mlynn69

This is intentional. Doesn't your school have a more up to date version?

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Beats me. You would think Caltech would have a new license, but this is what was given to me.

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
radicalrhinoceros