Hi there, Got a present of a solidworks 2004 cd recently and would like buy a suitable pc for it. Could anyone advise me as to what environment is best for this program?
On the official sw2005 website the following system requirements are mentioned:
- Microsoft Windows XP professional or Windows 2000 recommended
- Intel pentium - or AMD Athion - class processor
- 128 MB RAM or greater (512 mb to 1gb or greater recommended for assemblies exceeding 1000 parts
- Pointing device
- CD-ROM drive
- Microsoft Office XP or Microsoft Office 2000
- Internet Explorer version 6.0 or later recommended
Is this really all that is needed - or could these specs. be a bit on the low end? Who can tell me from experience? Thanks in advance, Carlos.