Grrr... X-Plane..

Thing is slow as a cold molasses in the winter when it comes to loading. Everytime I want to do something other than flying the harddrive grinds like crazy and the program take ages to respond. Plus the flight planner dont work... how can I fly from taiwan to LAX if I dont know which way im going? wish i could return this thing...

Reply to
tai fu

How much memory? 256 meg should be considered minimum. X-plane was a slug until I did some up grades on my son's computer. Some of the older versions are not as demanding on the hard ware. Gary Deaver

Reply to
Deaver

hmmm... about 512M of memory (I have 256 right now) is going to cost me like

3000 dollars NT, which is what I spent on X-plane, and money I can't really spare. I'd get another stick of 256 but I hear that causes alot of problems (like crashes)
Reply to
tai fu

what? $3K for a memory upgrade?

I'd swap out the whole machine for $1,800 less $150 rebate, and get a DELL. Check out this configuration, for example

Dell Dimension 8300 Series: Pentium® 4 Processor at 2.80GHz w/800MHz front side bus/ HT Technology Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Save $150 with mail-in rebate. Price shown before rebate FREE UPGRADE! 1024MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz

120GB Serial ATA Hard Drive,7200RPM 1st Bay: 16 Max DVD-ROM Drive 2nd Bay: 8x DVD+R/+RW Drive with CD-RW (for purchase with 16X DVD-ROM Drive) Dell? Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse Microsoft® Office Basic Edition 2003 with Money 17 in (16 in viewable,.27dp) E773c CRT Monitor New 128MB DDR GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Card with TV-Out and DVI Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 (D) Card with Dolby® Digital 5.1 capability 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem Integrated Intel® PRO 10/100 Ethernet 1 Year Limited Warranty plus 1 Year At-Home Service

for a little more money, upgrade the Sound card to an Audigy, get a better monitor, add speakers and get 3 years maintenance onsite

I own 3 DELLS, and have bought 5 others for family members. I have also been responsible for over 100 DELLS in university I was the IT Director for, and will swear by DELL quality and value!

"Dude, ... you're gettin' a DELL!"

- iz

tai fu wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I think he's talking Taiwan money. They apparently use different size dollars. (It's one of those metric vs. American units things...)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

David Weinshenker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

Analog vs. digital? MacDollars vs. WinDollars?

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

analog is digital at the quantum level

except when its not [there]

or is it?

- iz

Le> Analog vs. digital?

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Yeah. That sort of thing.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Oh no they don't!

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Correct.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

The US dollar is the defacto world currency right now, second is gold, and third is now the Euro, but before that it was a tie between the UK pound, the Japanese Yen, and the Danish Kroner?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yeah but it doesn't count until it starts with 666. ; )

randy

Reply to
Randy

"tai fu" wrote completely out of context:

I agree that NASA and the Air Force adopting Chris Taylor's Grrr as an X-plane would be a sign of the apocolypse.

Peter Alway

Saturn Press PO Box 3709 Ann Arbor, MI 48106-3709

scale data at:

PeteAlway

Maybe, but not programatically much different from NASP, except NASP has so far cost ALOT more and wasted life potential of thousands of engineers and managers.

At least Grrr is a diming flicker in time and space, and has done less damage to the society, the economy, the space program and NASA.

And our grandchildren will not be paying for Grrr for decades either :)

Jerry

Perspective matters. Fact matters.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hey Peter. Do you have any data on the Grrr... X-Plane? My brother will be visiting next week and said he could swing by your place on the way to the airport if you had something.

;-)

PeteAlway wrote:

Reply to
Alex Mericas